Hi Curt,

Re:  the Guinness/Bass vs Guinness/Harp

Apparently that depends on your location and, to some degree, your politics.
Around here it's Guinness/Bass.  There are some for whom the image of the
Guinness in a superior position to the Bass in the pint glass has a
certain..... symbolic political attractiveness.  The wikipedia link below goes
into that a little bit, along with some other variations.    Since it is wiki,
take it with a grain of salt, of course.

My personal preference is for the Guinness, undiluted, possibly owing to my
McNulty (County Cork) roots. :)

Erin Go Bragh!

Tom Schuch

SE Connnecticut