my irish roots are not so deep

in some popular dialect "hungarian" is rendered as "ungarish"

so the really bad joke that my dad would always tell goes like this:

this guy comes up to him on the street insisting that my dad is irish and he
knows him from the old country.  my dad insists it couldn't be.  so the guy
asks one last time "are you sure you're not irish"  to which dad responds
"no, ungarish"

THE HORROR

of course, on one would ever think my dad was irish.  he looked more
mongolian than anything else

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Yeah I was just yankin yer chain. I prefer a porter anyway... ;) I had a
> coffee porter some time ago that was amazing but can't find it again...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:42:44 -0500
> From: tom tomscat <tomsc...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [MBZ] Black and Tan
> To: mercedes diesel <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>

> Hi Curt,
>

> Re:  the Guinness/Bass vs Guinness/Harp
>

> Apparently
> that depends on your location and, to some degree, your politics.
> Around here it's Guinness/Bass.  There are some for whom the image of
> the Guinness in a superior position to the Bass in the pint glass has a
> certain..... symbolic political attractiveness.  The wikipedia link
> below goes into that a little bit, along with some other variations.
> Since it is wiki, take it with a grain of salt, of course.
>

> My personal preference is for the Guinness, undiluted, possibly owing to my
> McNulty (County Cork) roots. :)
>

> Erin Go Bragh!
>
> Tom Schuch
>
> SE Connnecticut
>
> 1975 W115 300D
>
> and a bunch of BMWs

save 5% on our already low, low prices.  use coupon code DAVE at checkout.
 www. BuyEUROparts.com