Needless to say, I need to find a place, preferably in NC that can do ion
vapor deposited aluminum. Anyone have a source?

I've always wondered if you couldn't do your own.
An AC vacuum pump (a real one, 2-stage vane) might
get you enough vacuum.  (Or it might not.  Certainly
anything lesser would not work.)  You also need a
vacuum tank, and a raw tungsten filament and some
aluminum foil.

Another thing I've always had a hankering to try!

getting the right electrolyte, getting the right voltage,

The Caswell spot-plating kit uses 1.35V for silver.

Wafer fab line.

Come to think of it, that's what my brother does!  Hmm.

-- Jim