On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:06:57 -0600,  Peter Frederick wrote:

You have at least two glow plugs bad, maybe more.  It's possible the
fuse has cracked (they do, with age), but I'd guess you have more
than one bad GP, too.

The GP relay is self diagnostic -- if you don't have balanced current
for all the plugs, the light will either not come on at all or flash,
then come on again after you start the car.  This is to tell you to
fix the glow plugs!
Pete,  Since the GP light is coming on/off, does this mean the GP fuse is
OK?  I only see two plugs on the topside, One for the GP's, the other for
power.  The ETM shows the fuse internal to the relay. (Yes, I did find it in
the book!)  Does is dis-assemble to access the fuse?  I'll bug out the GP's
tomorrow in the daylight. <vbg>

Thanks,

Angelo