Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 07:25:02 -0500
From: "LarryT" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Need help selecting Windows laptop

Maybe everyone else has had better luck with Dell than me.  I have 2 Dells
(my son bought one from a  friend for $20) and both are the slowest 'puters
I've ever seen.  I have a gig of RAM in both and the HDs are almost empty
except for the basics.

I've had excellent service from an Acer Laptop BTW - I use my laptops a LOT
and generally they start having warranty problems after 6-9 months.  Small
pieces breaking, monitor problems, usb ports stop working, CD drives die, -
that kind of stuff, but not the Acer -- it worked full time for 3 years
before the motherboard died.

Because of the problems I generally buy the extended warranty (but never on
other purchases) - and they always pay for themselves.

I like the idea of a Netbook but the added cost to get a full featured
Laptop is worth it to get all the extras - like CD drive, serial/parallel
port, several USB drives, etc.   BTW,  Costco has Netbooks for around $300.

Good luck & Happy New Year!
LarryT
91 300D

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net