From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 2:45 PM
To: 'Mercedes@okiebenz.com'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Winter Tire Review

Alex wrote: "I have those on one car in the family, and some Goodyear
performance winter tires on another.  From my observation, both types
are adequate, but neither can hold a candle to Bridgestone Blizzaks.
Both the Dunlops and Goodyears seem like a compromise---they are
adequate on dry pavement and rain, and better on snow and ice than
all-seasons.  The Blizzaks are definitely designed for maximum snow and
ice performance---on dry pavement they ride hard and handle squirrely in
a very disconcerting way until you get used to them."

It sounds like I made the right choice, then.  I don't need maximum snow
performance.  I need winter tires that will get me through 4-5 small
storms.  Here in Kansas, we only get a few inches of snow in each storm
and the rest of the time, its just cold and windy. Now, we have had our
fair share of really bad storms where we get 1 foot of snow. But, that
is pretty rare and its usually the freak storm that hits in the Spring.
If you wait a day or so, it melts.  Now, if I lived in Michigan or
somewhere up North, then Blizzaks would be fine.

By the way, are you sure you had the Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires? Or
just Dunlop snow tires, there is a HUGE difference.

Donald H. Snook