Tinkered with the project a little over the three-day weekend.  Ordered
more parts (fuel line O-rings, various fossilized plastic bits).  Since
I put the IP back into place not much else has happened, time being the
in-demand resource.  I've implemented fiscal frugality measures across
the household which also have put a damper on new purchases.  I fear
I'll need a new engine wiring harness, and I've decided that while I've
got good access, new glow plugs would be wise, but funding limitations
require patience at this point...

Called local MB dealer to see if they had any of the stuff I need in
stock; they had about 30% in stock, which disappoints me.  I hate to
make a trip across town to purchase what they have and also order parts
they don't have, and then make another trip across town a week later to
pick them up.  Seems they've conceded the repair of older cars entirely
to independent shops.

I want to get it back together to the point that I can start the engine
with the intake manifold off, and see if I can make sure all cylinders
are firing.  Going to finally get plates for the car this afternoon, if
time allows.

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon