So I bought the Tek 2445 for $100, it turned on, showed some stuff on the screen so I guess it is working. The kid said his brother used it, left it at his house in the closet some time ago, so he was unloading it. Seems like a good price, ebay has them for $400 give or take so I guess it was a decent deal. I'll order some probes
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2-Two-100MHz-Oscilloscope-Probes-Probe-Tektronix-HP_W0QQitemZ270506371820QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb6faaec
and see if I can get dangerous.

I found a great lab handout from MIT 6.002 - Circuits and Electronics lab, tells how to use the thing to do all kinds of stuff. I guess I am almost in bidness with a new toy!

--R

John Reames wrote:
I'm using an old 7k series. Way overkill for my needs, but plugins are quite available...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net