Had a cardiac CT this morning, felt slow until around 3, so I finally got out
and finished the muffler on the Wankle sled.

Turned out real nice, I got a piece of exhaust coupler that fit the pipe from
the engine tight and did some of my best welding work yet on it. Spent a bunch
of time making sure that end was tight. I still need to get one more coupler
for the other end, the output goes into a flex pipe which is ~1/2" bigger than
the muffler output. It doesn't seem to be a problem but I'd like it done right.

The sled runs MUCH better, I think the engine wanted some back pressure which
it wasn't getting with the old exhaust. Its always had a flat spot I was never
able to tune out and today its much less noticeable. Its also MUCH quieter, my
ears don't ring at all after riding it, quieter than your average lawnmower I'd
think. Thats important, I'd hate to have a snowmobile trail get closed because
of my sled being too loud. I think theres a bit more space for improvement. The
output pipe could have a trap in it but I'll finish a couple other projects on
it first.

-Curt