My MD is married to his lawyer.  That speaks volumes.

clay

On Jan 28, 2010, at 11:14 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

I read somewhere that malpractice insurance is less than 2% of healthcare costs - but I don't have any idea how much defensive medicene is costing.

I don't have exact figures, but somewhere I thought I heard
that doctors spent something like half their income on malpractice
insurance.  If these figures are at all accurate, that tells you
the size piece of the pie doctors are getting, donit?

So who's getting the rest, eh?

-- Jim