that's really the crux of the seduction.  a new chinese was costing bimby
from between 55 and 100 dollars and was selling for $159.  rebuilds are
running about 150 to 200 and selling for like 200 to 250.  non chinese new
were like 250 to 300 for bimby, but i don't even know if you can still get
those as the cheap chinese ones have really come to dominate the market.

worldpac has been pushing cheap chinese merchandise under the labels of
"feq" and "worldsource 1" and this stuff is just nasty.  i believe that the
feq axles (the one's in question in the recall) were being sold to bimby for
$55 each.  how much then do you surmise worlpac has in them?  let's say
$45.  it is suspicious that worldpac can source a new axle shaft, have it
shipped to them from china and then have it shipped to you, all for $45.  in
fact, it makes no sense at all.

i don't know how many feq's the bimby had sold and how many of the cheap
ones sold were something of higher quality chinese.  i do know that feq was
a disaster waiting to happen, but the seduction of high sales at high
margins is too much for most people to pass up