From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]on Behalf Of LWB250
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:43 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hey Andrew

I can give you some ballpark numbers for a couple of nice air cooled automatic
standby systems:

8kW natural gas with 100A automatic transfer switch - around $2400

13kW with same - around $3900

These can be set up for LP as well if you don't have natural gas.

That's with shipping, no installation, but unlimited customer and technical
support.....

If you have done any sort of house wiring and/or plumbing you can install one.
It's really quite simple.

I have two sump pumps in my basement that absolutely cannot fail.  One can
handle things unless there are
torrential downpours for hours, but without electricity it would be a matter of
minutes before my basement would be
afloat.

With a standby generator installed, I am comfortable leaving on vacations and
the like, as I know that I won't come
home to a flooded basement.  The additional privilege of having power during an
outage for the rest of the house is
icing on the cake.

The size of my generator is such that there is little I can't run when we're
off-grid, but that's the exception for
most.  Being in the "business" has allowed me to get a much larger unit than I
could otherwise afford....

Dan

--- On Wed, 2/10/10, Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310