I am fortunate to live a short bike ride over to Kiawah Island, which is like a zoo for older rich white people. Last fall sometime they had a car display at one of the parks on a gorgeous Saturday morning, so I pedaled over to look at the cars. There were some nice rides there, and some people sitting around, walking around, whatever. I attempted to engage some of them in idle conversation about the cars, etc. and no one seemed to be the least bit happy to be there or interested in sharing an interest in nice cars. That really bothered me. I think it was more of a "who has a bigger ...." kind of thing rather than enjoying nice cars on a beautiful day. I would wager I am happier driving my 26 and 31yo stinky Benzes and 34yo ratty Cad than any of them are in their $n00,000 spotless cars.

I just don't get it, they seem to have very pampered but not very happy lives.

--R

E M wrote:
I agree, 100%

Ed