Donald - check out my detailing page on my Web site at www.penoff.com

It's mainly on the W123 chassis, but there are some other hints that are pretty
general.

As for the clay, by all means, do it.  You'll be amazed at how much cruft you
get out of the finish.  It's not something you have to do often, maybe once a
year, but it does make a big difference.

One note about the various "kits" you'll see for automotive clay:

Buy the cheapest one you can find, and don't buy additional wetting agent -
make your own.  Take a spray bottle full of clean water and put a couple of
drops of dishwashing detergent in it, and it will do the same thing the bottle
that came with the clay does.

When you're done, put the clay in a freezer style ZipLoc and squeeze all the
air out of it, and you'll be able to use the clay again.

Dan, the "Mercedes Martha Stewart"