Now that I'm the local w123 baron of sorts, I've been surfing the sites with
photo galleries and have come across a couple of photo series with w123 cars
with custom front grilles.

I've seen these for w124s, but never for earlier cars. They are sometimes
called "Elegance" (which is a Mercedes trim level designation in Europe),
sometimes Sportline, sometimes "S-Class look".

Basically they are usual chrome shell, black insert instead of grey, and
have double the number of horizontal strips. Very nice on a w123.

Anyone know where these can be got? I have never seen one here in NA.

I e-mailed the guy who sells most of the w124 ones and he says his supplier
does not list them for earlier cars. So either the importer can't be
bothered, or there is more than one supplier.

Cheers

Mac