On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:23:42 -0500 Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

> Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:
> > No, it was a grey market car, 5 speed manual, manual windows/sunroof,
> > non-turbo engine but the injection pump was an odd ball, did not
> > exactly match any of the descriptions in the MBUSA service manual.
> > It seemed to be an iteration just beyond the last non-turbo pump
> > described in the manual.  However, it did have the 33 spline-toothed
> > DV's with O-rings.
>
> I was under the impression that the euros had the M pump, similar to
> the M pumps on the 60x engines here, while the US 617 engines had the
> MW.

The injection pump on our '82 240D/3.0 with an '84 Euro engine has the
splined injectors. (BTW, do not waste your money buying the Sir Tools
tools for them; their tools are junk.)

I thought the tag on it said it's a MW pump, but the tag (stamping into
the aluminum, actually) reads,

              PES5M55C320RS108-1
                011 35253243
                0 400 075 991
              617 070 4301 ER 0002

According to the Service Manual, Engines 615, 616, 617.91, page 07.1-001,
it's an M/RSF.

Does this take the multi-step torque procedure?

Craig