On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:57:12 -0600 "Kaleb C. Striplin"
<ka...@striplin.net> wrote:

> http://www.w124performance.com/images/M119/PS_pumps/standard_pump/

Ah, Dave Meimann's pictures. I saw them when I was trying to figure out
how to get the bracket off the front of the engine. They don't show the
hydraulic lines' connections to the steering box (which is what I thought
you said you found).

http://www.w124performance.com/images/M119/PS_pumps/standard_pump/mounting_bolts2_rear.jpg

says,
       "These are the two 6mm socket-head bolts which hold the pump to
        the bracket. It helps to remove the plastic air duct to the motor
        mount for better access and visibility. These bolts are easier to
        remove than the bolts which fasten the bracket to the engine
        block."

I agree with removing the plastic air duct. In fact, removing it is
mandatory. I found removing the bolts that hold the bracket to the block
to be much easier than removing the ones that hold the pump to the
bracket, however.

http://www.w124performance.com/images/M119/PS_pumps/standard_pump/mounting_bolts4_rear.jpg

says,

        "These are two of the three bolts which fasten the bracket to the
         engine block. The third bolt is at the bottom center."

This is wrong. the third bolt is at the far right of the bracket casting
and is a through-hole. This bolt goes into the engine block from the
front. The two, threaded bolt holes with fingers pointing at them are the
ones into which bolts thread from the rear. The stud at the bottom
fastens the hydraulic fluid return line that plugs into the hole up on
the cannister.