Marshall Booth wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Loren wrote:<<It is officially a "resonator"  As near >>.

Please be aware that if you have a new exhaust installed somewhere offering "Lifetime Guarantee" on the muffler, the resonator will not get the same warranty! Simply because it's called a resonator and not a muffler. I think technically, the resonator is not as full of baffles as a "real" muffler. Also, the resonator can be in any location - either at the front or the rear of the car.

FWIW, My MGB has a resonator at the rear of the car and is often somtimes removed for a slightly louder sound level -

The Bosal front pipe (from exhaust manifold to resonator), resonator and muffler (essentially the entire exhaust system) on my normally aspirated 190Ds are warranted for as long as I own the cars. I have to supply the labor! Bosal has replaced one resonator that failed prematurely (after 7 years) on one car and a muffler that failed (after eight years) on another. NO problem with the replacements (I kept the paperwork). Mercedes exhaust parts usually last me closer to 10+ years, but they have only a 2 year warranty.

Marshall

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,