What would that be? 250hp in a 1000# car? You'd need to be friendly with a tire store owner too.... fast! *real* fast.
;-)

Larry

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net

Ed wrote  250HP in a 550 would take a braver man than me to drive it. lol

Ed
300E

On 21 March 2010 20:19, Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM, E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about a replica or kitcar of a Porsche 550 ?  Super light, simple,
and
> the powertrain can be had for next to nothing. I think an old Bug > would > make a great donor car for most of mechanical bits you'd need, and > there
are
> endless suppliers offering performance parts for old bug engines.

And there are kits to drop a Subaru engine in anywhere you can put a
Bug engine, too.  How about a 550 or 356 replica with a water-cooled
250 HP turboed flat-four?

Alex