Steve wrote:
Does anyone know what the difference is from a 722 117 transmission from a
240D (1983) to a 722 118 out of a 300D? I have a opportunity to pick up the
722 118 for my 83, or I could get a 1984 transmission out of a 300D. I
wonder if overall length may play a big part in this or gearing.

I'm not sure what the difference are, but if I had any choice I'd go for the 82-84 turbo tranny if I were putting it on a 82-84 turbo car. The turbo makes a lot more torque than the 240D, so probably has higher hydraulic pressure to the clutches and much firmer shifts. The 240D torque converter might have too little resistance for a turbo too.

Mitch.