From: andrew strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
Subject: [MBZ] W123 Original key/door lock conundrum
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 5:17 PM

The well-worn original key to my W123 300TD has quit operating the DRIVER'S
DOOR lock.  It fits the ignition and PS door flawlessly, however.  For
awhile I could UNlock the door, but that functionality recently ceased to
exist.  The key actually is slightly chipped in one place near the haft, but
somehow this ONLY affects the driver's door.  What a PIA.  Should I go ahead
and order a second OEM key from the dealer based on the car's VIN, or could
the problem lie with the DS door lock?

Andrew
1983 and 85 300TD