Dieselvolk,

You may remember a couple weeks ago I 'fixed' my cruise control.  During
a test drive, on a long steep downhill, she stopped responding to CC
stalk inputs and kept accelerating.  I stepped on the brakes, thinking
that would cancel the tempomat, but when I let off the car picked up
speed again.  I thought about shutting off the engine with the key, and
shifting to neutral, but that was too easy.  Tested the accel pedal with
my foot, felt a 'click' as the linkage un-jammed itself, and normal
operation was restored.

There's too much slop in the linkage, I think those plastic ends on the
control rods are the major cause, so I need to order some replacement
bits...

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon