I don't know. I have decided to drop the project for now. "Uncle" I am convinced the whoever took the seat apart and messed it up glued the seatcover to the groove. I tried running a plastic putty knife along the edge (groove, clip, or whatever you want to call it) and then pushing the cover out from inside with the handle of the putty knife. The leather was starting to tear.

I think I am going to see if I can find a used seat that is correct then maybe I can change the covers. My guess is that I will have to buy a new back cover at least. I don't believe this one will come off without being shredded.

Kaleb:  Got a 124 Driver's seat in good condition?

Anyone know if a 124 and a 201 seat is the same?

If I get a spare seat, maybe I can figure out if Jim's idea of correcting the problem at the motor end of the cable is possible. Right now I can't risk ruining the cover or the seat.

Unbolting the back and tilt assy from the seat base didn't accomplish anything. It did show the seat back sprung into correct position in relationship to the right side of the seat back. I had to push pretty hard on the seatback to get it crooked enough to get the last bolt back in.

I wonder if there aren't _two_ flexi-shafts, one from
each side, that run independently down to a single motor.
Maybe the re-phasing is best done on that end of things?

-- Jim