Hi, list!

My 300d (76, w115) started making a clanging noise when I shut it down, and
some odd ones when changing speed.

A little investigating with the hood up and the emergency stop and throttle
cable pointed to the fan. The fan moves a bit on the shaft (which I'm 99%
sure it shouldn't), as if it was somehow loose (as in internally to the fan
hub). Stopping it a few times has me certain that the fan is making the
noise.

So, I'm thinking this means it's replacement fan time ('cause I can just
imagine the fan totally failing while I'm driving and falling off... and no
possible good could come of that.)

Questions:

A) Is this repairable somehow? One can hope.

B) Is a used fan likely to die soon the same way, or is that reasonable as a
way to go?

If B, does Kaleb (and alternatively anyone else, if he doesn't) have one
lying around, and does anyone have useful hints for the replacement?

Thanks

                Stuart S.

(PS. Glad to hear you're recovering, Rusty!)