From: Walt Zarnoch <zarnoch...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] (SPAM?) Chassis ground cable
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 1:39 AM

I concur, although I used the "solder cup" welding cable ends and a mapp
torch when I did my starter cable and ground cable.

A nice touch is to finish with a section of glue lined shrink tubing, keeps
water out, insulates, and makes it look like it's meant to be there. :)

Walt

On May 4, 2010 1:30 AM, "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

I am thinking of fabricating one... I am going to be limited to 1/0 by the
> crimp tool I have access to (AMP Bamtam Rota-Crimp).

Crimp tool?  How 'bout a 5# hammer and an anvil?  Then hit it
with an acetylene torch and solder it.  Take about 2 minutes
soup to nuts!  Welding cable would be fine enough to take the
movement.  I reinstalled a brass battery clamp end on the 45kW
Kohler genset using a surprisingly small amount of flame from
the torch.  _Way_ easier than trying to use an iron on something
that big!

-- Jim