How about used Pious? Weren't they all being abandoned when Toyos had sudden or unintended or uncontrollable acceleration? Change it over to a plug-in and you won't even have to buy much gas.

--R

On 6/3/2010 6:08 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
The Nissan Leaf which looks to be about the best mass-produced electric car
ever, on paper anyway... My wife does ~40 miles a day most days, the leaf is
supposed to have around 100 mile capacity which would make it perfect for her.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:46:31 -0400
From: "Allan Streib"<str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To:
  "Mercedes Discussion List"<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  Re: [MBZ] VW TDI: opinions?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:52 -0400,
"John Reames"<jwrea...@comcast.net>
  wrote:

I thought that the good doctor recommended avoiding
diesels for short
trips...
Yes.  Diesels like to get
warmed up.  Lots of short trips is not their forte.

Get a little
economical gasoline car.  I wouldn't get a Smart unless you also wear a
clown suit and work in the circus.

I think Nissan is coming out
with a 100% electric car this year, might be ideal for this.  Will
probably be overpriced and hard to get though.

Allan