It's from a 78 300D sedan.(I confess to not knowing the chasis number... :/
)
Was mated to a non-turbo OM617, so it would most likely fit onto the 79TD
(if it's a 617).
I'm not sure if the shift-points/gearing/linkage would be right though. Best
to let others chime in on that.

I'm in the Utica/Rome area of Central NY.

Walt

On Jun 7, 2010 9:02 AM, "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>