It just pops off, you do not have to remove the whole assembly.

OK Don wrote:
Do you have to remove the entire headlight assembly to change the clear
plastic that surrounds the main light, or can you loosen enough to change it
in-place? Anyone BTDT?
I want to move the nice looking ploastic from the vergasser to the Diesel
with the old, checked and cracked plastic, and the reverse as well. Don't
want to damage the old cracked plastis, as it needs to end up on the
vergasser.

A complcating factor is that the vergasser has headlight wipers, and the
Diesel doesn't. I wonder if the wiring is in place to just swap the whole
light assembly?

Obligatory beer content - my current favorite is Fuller's London Porter -
wonderfull brew!

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com