Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:44:30 -0400
From: Walt Zarnoch <zarnoch...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Craigslist: Mercedes OM612 in Ford F-150

I'm fine with my 617 in a Ram 50 :)

Walt

On Jun 18, 2010 9:04 PM, "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

When it was new and the trans didn't slip my '96 w/318ci and auto trans
would do 20mpg on the highway. I don't think 30mpg would be impossible.

I think the Frito trucks got the 130hp engines but I'm given to understand
its not hard to turn them up to 150hp with the stock ip and turbo and 200+
with a replacement ip and turbo.

I'd like one in a 1/2 ton International truck. It'd want to be turned up a
bit to haul the extra weight around but I think 20mpg would still be
possible, an improvement from the stock gasser I'd guess.

-Curt