My first car was a '67 R-10. 46 hp. top speed of 83 (@ 5600 rpm--yikes!).
Extremely
simple, just a slightly larger and boxier dauphine. Nice ride and quite
comfortable and
roomy for its size, quirky handling (virtually no weight on the front end).
Nice little
free-revving 1100 cc longitudinal 4 and close-ratio 4-speed, dead simple to
work on--the
entire exhaust system was one piece and $15 to replace, as I recall. Lightly
built and
quick to rust, unfortunately, but as a city and backroad car not bad at all. I
chose it
over the usual first-car choice at the time, a beetle. The beetles were more
powerful, but
not as quiet, comfortable, or big inside or trunk-wise. Plus, the funky
frenchness of it
appealed to me.

Dan