From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Fmiser
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:47 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W123 wagon with jarring ride and and inaccurate
speedometer

> Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

> Also, there is a shade-tree method for determining if your car's rear
> end height is correct or not.  You should find 19 inches measuring
> from the center of the star in the wheel straight up and over the lip
> of the fender to the chrome/rubber trim strip. Plus or minus 0.5
> inches is probably acceptable.

What this method ignores is that if the subframe mounts are worn, the
body will sit lower when the suspension is setup correctly.  Therefore,
unless the rubber has been recently replaced, these old cars should
probably sit lower than that.

A measurement from the bottom of the differential housing to the ground
would seem to me to be more accurate.

--   Philip