Donald will probably enjoy this...

I put my 1994 Yamaha VX1100 Virago on CL last week.  Got the usual window
shoppers, even the requisite, "I'm on disability, and as soon as I get my next
check I'll come and buy it" responses.

Anyway, a nice young man (who is a first year practicing attorney) came by on
Sunday and spent a fair amount of time looking at it and talking with me about
it.  He decided to buy it, and offered me a $400 deposit to keep it until this
weekend, when he could make arrangements to get it.

During our discussion, he asked me the price, which I said I would give him the
lowest price I had advertised, the amount which I stated, as I had top posted
several times with incrementally higher prices each time to fool the CL bots,
and he couldn't recall which ad he had seen.

Anyway, I got an email from him today saying he couldn't recall what my asking
price was, and that he would offer me about $200 below the price I had listed
on CL.

Right.

I sent him a very nice reply, reviewing the statements I made regarding the
price and that he did nothing to acknowledge anything different, and then went
about giving me a deposit.  As far as I'm considered, it was a deal.  But, in
the interest of fairness, I would be happy to refund his deposit and call off
the deal.

It will be interesting to see what his response is.  I gotta give him credit
for trying.

One of the best things about selling stuff is when you have a good price and
refuse to drop it.  I guess because the economy is so lousy and many people are
desperate for money, they'll haggle.  It's like going to buy a car and being
willing to walk away.  Drives people nuts, I think.... I love it!

Dan