Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:56 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Suburban AC update

Well today I recovered the refrigerant back out of the suburban again. Machine said it recovered about 2.5 lb out. It was either way overcharged or had a bunch of air in it as you remember. Now this machine, when its recovering, puts it in the recovery tank Its supposed to shut off automatically when the system is drawn to a partial vacuum. It goes on for a long time and finally errors out a high pressure error, which means it has too much pressure in the recovery tank. So what is happening it looks like is its somehow pumping air into the tank. From what I understand, during the normal course of recovery it may get a little air in the tank, but it should not be enough to cause this. Then, when you go to recycle, it will purge the air out. Once it hit this high pressure warning I cancelled it because it appeared the burbs system was empty anyway. I then went thru the recovery and it purged out some air. It think it also purged out my refrigerant out of the tank or leaked, bucause is basically showing nothing in the tank now. I need to go thru this thing and check for leaks. Im pretty sure the tank valves are leaking but I would not think enough to cause this.

Anyway back to the suburban. I pulled a vacuum then switched to my regular manifold guages and charged in with cans. Seems to be running fine now. Still not as cold as I would like but it seems like it might be a little better than it was. Long story short, playing around with my new machine I have probalby lost a total of 15 or more lbs of R134. Damn. I should have started with a smaller system like a car to try it out on first.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com