I have tank, scale, gauges, and vacuum pump if you want to try a different
system?

Regards,
-----Original Message-----
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:43:47
Subject: [MBZ] suburban ac update

Well this weekend I pulled the system apart, I dont know if there was
anything wrong with the orifice tube or not, but removing it broke it
into several pieces.  I got it out, replaced with one of the variable
kind.  Replaced the accumulator.  Evacuated and recharged, it did the
same thing.  I now think the machine is putting in more than it says it
is.  Im not sure why I did not realize it before, but in a static
condition, the low side pegs, and the high side will sit at about 250.
It should be sitting at about 70-90 or so on the low and high side
static.  I think its just WAY overcharged.  I may have the machine set
wrong or something.  It is set on lb, not kg.  I think the calibration
was off on the scales.  To check the accurace you are supposed to take
the tanks off, put in a certain mode, put something on it that you
previously weighed so you know the exact weight and check it.  It was
reading about 2lbs high.  Of course with the tank on there, it showed to
have about 2.5lb of R134 in it. I do not think there was any refrigerant
at all, if so,  not very much.  I pulled the lines off and opened the
valve, and alot of air came out I assume.  If it was refrigerant, it
would have gotten cold as it came out.  This air did not.  So I went
thru the calibration procedure and after setting it, it seems to be
reading correct.  I did this calibration last time but at the end of it
you are supposed to pull a vacuum on the tank and machine before adding
refrigrant.  I did not do that last time.  I did this time.  I suspect
the 134 tank m ay have leaking valves though.  I decided to leave it on
the machine hooked up to the low side and see if it leaks down.  The guy
I bought it off of said it seemed like it leaked so I knew that going
in.  I guess if it comes down to it I will order a new tank for it.

Can you buy just the replacement valve assembly for the tank?

Anyway, that is my update.  After I recover it again I may try it with
the machine 1 more time, but if that doesnt work, I will do it the old
fashioned way with cans.  In this whole mess I know I have lost some
refrigrant, probably from that leaking tank.  I will probably take care
of that before I do anything else with it.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic,