It's fun. This one was $300, then my friend put $450
into it, then I bought it from him for $500 and put
new tires and had the rear windshield installed
(replacement windshield came with car, but in the back
seat). It's got serious rust issues, but it will
shortly pay for itself in fuel savings and I am
learning alot in the mean time. I can take as long as
I need to work on it as the SD and TD are daily
drivers for my wife and I...this can sit on jacks for
a month if need be and I take my time, post questions,
drink beer, smoke and do alot of staring while
thinking "there has to be an easier way"...usually
there isn't.

Good luck.

P.S. Not sure how you plan on filtering, but I am
gonna switch to simple filter bags. Hang them over a
drum or 5 gallon buckets and that's it. SIMPLE is the
name of the game or else it get's tedious.

Please keep me updated, Kevin. Oh, and always err on
the side of a thin mixture...too thick will screw up
the IP quickly.

Chris

--- kevin kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen
> Kraftstoffs
> Prüfenlastwagen = Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
> running
> WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2
> mix (do not attempt this at home!)
>
> I found a 1974 240D with "manyK miles" with which
> I'm intending to do the
> same thing.  I'm going to be looking at it to see if
> it's worth the $500
> asking price.
>
> Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon, with another MB diesel,
> perhaps

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this at
home!)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

http://farechase.yahoo.com