I tried a year or two ago to recover some data from some old zip disks. It was so slow, and windows kept disallowing some files to be transferred for reasons unclear (windows has a nasty habit of hitting some file it does not like when you are moving a bunch, and just quitting the transfer rather than ignoring it and going on to the next one) so I finally gave up on it. The files were nothing special, I was being a data hoarder just to see if I could do it.

--R