Absolutely! I used to have a rusty 190Dc I drove in the winter and then i drove the nice 200D the rest of the year. On those cars, the VIN was held on with two screws, So i would simply move the VIN plate and the license plates from one to the other! Anyone who knew anything would have known the frame numbers didn't match, but it was good enough to fool troopers and insurance adjusters. Now I keep the 240D as a winter/spare car. It doesn't cost much to keep, and it isn't worth much on the market. But with the new engine, it starts and runs like a new one. If only it had a 4 spd or better yet, the coveted 5 spd.