Been thinking of considering a sprinter 2500 or 2500 as a replacement for the caravan some year. It probably has another 100k left in it, if I want to keep it that long, and IF the trans holds out.

What is the cheapest anyone has seen a sprinter go for?

I was thinking that a good way to get one is if I could find a wrecked camper where the cab and drivetrain are ok. That would yield a good cab and chassis. Then I could put some form of PU box or van body on it. or a flatbed/gooseneck toter, and have a 10' container that I could load on it if I want an enclosed truck. I don't really want an 8' wide truck box. A flatbed and a gooseneck trailer might make a good rig for moving stuff. and then the rest of the time, it is just a pickup type truck that gets GOOD fuel mileage. I think I'd cut the center out of a used flatbed to make it a couple of inches wider than the cab.