Here's a pic of mine mounted on the 617 from before it went in the truck.

http://zarnochwf1.com/gallery2/d/637-3/IMG_1742.JPG

It came from a 240D donor oddly enough, but it's a 300D flywheel for sure.

Also present is the current adapter plate that fits a (modified)
Mitsubishi KM145 tranny.

I'll be pushing 31" tires with a 4.22:1 diff, so not sure if I want
more torque or more acceleration now. I know that a heavier flywheel
means greater fuel economy, but after thinking about it I don't want
to get passed by minivans...

$1200 is more than I'm willing to pay for a flywheel upgrade right
now, partly because the truck was less than that, partly because I
can't justify it if I have one that will already work.

Which FSM covers it? I've got a paper copy of what appears to be the
1975 615/616/617 engine manual.

Walt