I've always been told no grease anywhere near brake parts. However, I can apply never-seez to the threads without any contacting the tip that seals the brake fluid in. Grease is water soluble and does not stand up in harsh climates where snow and salt abound. Never-seez does stand up to the elements.

I had a bleeder break off and If memory serves, it came right out with an easy-out.

 > Rich Thomas wrote:

 I just broke off a bleeder nipple from a front brake caliper.
 Not rusty or anything, I guess I should have sprayed it down
 first with some PB.

To prevent that next time, liberally coat the threads with
grease.

--    Philip