From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com on behalf of Mitch Haley
Sent: Tue 10/12/2010 5:46 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] $#!^ -- brakes

Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

> I used this "blue wrench" on Saturday to persuade a sticking hydraulic
> fitting on the SLS of my wagon; all went well until I managed to pour
> hot oil on my forearm (note to self: ensure hydraulic lines are empty
> before using blue wrench).

A friend cut a mcpherson strut in half last week.
When he burned through the side of the housing, a cloud of atomized hot oil
burst forth and caught fire as it stuck to his face. Good thing he bought a new
set of brazing goggles last month. Not my favorite way to win a trip to the
emergency room.

Mitch.