I would make sure the reservoir is completely full and bleed again -- the back chamber is filled by overflowing the front one, and it's quite easy to have it go dry.

A MityVac works great, so long as you remember that you are going to pull air in the bleeder valves and won't ever get air free fluid. Once you get clean fluid out and there are no big air bubbles, it's full and free of air, you can ignore the stream if tiny bubbles leaking in the threads. Big slugs of air, you have a leak or the reservoir is going empty on you. I've chased that particular problem for ages once or twice.

The pedal, with the engine running, should have about an inch of free play, become firm quickly, and stay firm, with added pressure resulting in more braking effect with very little movement downward. A sinking pedal under light pressure, mysterious loss of fluid, no brakes unless you pump them, and excessive travel with less than normal braking power all indicate a bad master cylinder, usually from worn out seals on the back piston.

Check to make sure the rear pads are clean and move easily -- they get stuck much more readily than the fronts, and can give you goofy brakes, too. Lack of wear on the rear rotors is a hint here.

Peter