OK Don wrote:
I wondered about that 50%, so did someadding and calculating, pulling last
years taxes, etc. Now, you have to factor in that I live in a relatively
poor State, so YMMV - but our total tax load last year was under 20% -
property, sales, state ,and federal. The feds got 8% - so they're right

Social Security Administration didn't get 15.3%?
I forget how many ways the feds and states get excise taxes out of you, but you definitely pay on your motor fuel and utility bills.

Mitch.