There is a ball-bearing check valve at the bottom which only allows oil to flow
downwards.  If the tube is meant to unscrew, it will likely have a bolt-head on
the outside of the cap.

Maybe you can find some solvent which will work on the plastic that you
found... And let it soak in the tube since everything there is metal...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net