From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Rich Thomas
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 5:53 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Symptom - sinking brake pedal

You can just put the Mityvac on the suction side of the booster, suck it
down and see if it holds vac.  If it doesn't then the diaphragm is bad.

I replaced to MC on the TD, getting those line fittings back on the part
was a nasty unpleasant job.  They are pretty tight anyway with the lines
being the way they are, and getting them lined up just right to get the
fittings started can either take 10sec or 30min. While brake fluid is
all over. Guess which they took...

--R

On 12/10/2010 5:48 PM, Max Dillon wrote:
> Greg, tell me more about this test for the power assist unit.  Have
> Mity-vac!
>
> -Max

E300,