> > fmiser wrote:
> >
> > I built a spreadsheet quite a while ago.  It makes it easy to
> > compare a bunch of different sizes.
> >
> > You didn't think I did the math _manually_ did you??
> > *chuckle*

> Craig wrote:
>
> Ummmm ... yes. It was a lot easier than writing a spreadsheet.

Well, I had the spreadsheet already, and it makes it easy to
compare multiple tires and it's trivial to shuffle numbers to
see various results.  And for me typing the math function into the
spreadsheet is about as fast as entering it on a calculator.

> In addition, the miata.net site lists revolutions per mile,
> which is not directly calculable from the tire dimensions (or
> at least should not be).

Oh?  Why is that?  If it is not directly calculable from the
tire dimensions, then it is tire model and inflation pressure
specific - right?

Or am I missing something obvious? (again...)

--   Philip