- fog lights aimed too low

Are they, really?  If they're lighting up
any road such that you could drive faster
than about 20MPH with them alone, then
they're mis-aimed IMHO.  And don't even
get me started on all those wretched
Subies and Dodges that don't even have
shrouds in their 'fog' lamps, which are
much more like blinding high beams mounted
down low than anything suitable for use
in extremely foggy conditions.

On an MB, if you find yourself needing to
open your driver's door in order to see the
stripe, in order to stay on the road as you
creep along, you can turn on the fog lamps
instead (and perhaps turn off the lows) and
creep along in more safety and comfort.

_That_ is what fog lights are for.  They
should feel absolutely useless in any normal
conditions, and absolutely priceless when
they really are needed.

- speedometer that makes ticking noise -- I think it's from the odometer
  because I think I noticed the 1/10s digit moving irregularly in
  synchronism with the ticking. I hope this doesn't mean removing the
  instrument cluster and fixing the odometer.

The electronic speedometers do tick.  There's a stepper motor
that drives the odometer chain.  Our later 107's and the 126's
do this.  The high-miles 107 ticks louder than the others.

-- Jim