From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of andrew strasfogel
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:56 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hard starting 300TD

Another question.  The "good" 300TD starts without glowing when the
engine is warm.  The "bad" 85 300TD always needs to be glowed before
starting, regardless of engine temperature.  It starts quicker when
it's warm, but I still need to glow it or it cranks a lot.  Does this
observation mean the glow plugs aren't the problem?