I drove a 2CV to school as a kid.  Great mileage but
not good in snow because of low clearance and the pan
below the engine would ride up over the snow and leave
the wheels high and dry.  But a couple kids could lift
the car up and move it.  The door windows were hinged
and opened by flipping them up.  If you closed the
door shut by pulling on the window opening, the window
would  slam shut on your fingers and darn near break
them!

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Speaking of 2CVs, a few weeks ago I saw a 2CV
> Charleston (I think) bounding
> along here in Seattle. New condition, almost. Rara
> avis.
>
> RLE

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'