LWB250 wrote:
Tell me about it....

The wife drives a Mazda6, which has a transverse V-6 in it. The spark plugs should be changed at 80k.

Transverse V-6 are horrible, but I bet a transverse V-8 is worse.
I do prefer a straight 6 for its simplicity and inherent lack of vibration.
That said, are there rwd cars which can easily fit a V-6 CDI but not the I-6
CDI?

I put platinum plugs in my 3.8L V-6 Taurus when I had the heads off. Never did a normal plug change in that car and didn't want to try it, but I think the back plugs are accessible from below if the exhaust manifold is cold. From above, it's not too bad if you take off the upper intake manifold and valve cover.

Mitch.